Time Capsule “Jobs of the Future” contest for young people aged 13-19
Young people from the Generation Z, are you ready for the jobs of the future? How do you imagine a job in 2050 that doesn’t exist yet? We challenge you to Take part in the contest for young people aged 13-19 and share your vision about how the jobs of the future will look like.
Get on board now!
You have two ways to participate:
Go to the Future Time Traveller’s website and join our journey game. It will take you to the year 2050 with the mission to explore the future and become its ambassador.
The game will help you explore how the world is going to change in the future, what challenges will need to be addressed; and what are the key drivers and trends that will shape the world of work.
Or you can submit your ideas directly through the application form here. In both ways, you will have to prepare a short description of a job that doesn’t exist yet, but can emerge in the next decades.
Tell us how you imagine it:
How will this job of the future look like? What kind of tasks is it going to include? Who is going to perform it and what skills will it demand?
You can describe the future job in one of the following formats:
- in a short essay (up to 500 words);
- in a PowerPoint presentation (up to 5 slides and some images);
- in a short video (up to 1 minute).
Take part in the contest and you can win some of our cool tech gadgets awards!
The best jobs of the future will be promoted on the Future Time Traveller’s website and Facebook, and other communication channels.
The Time Capsule “Jobs of the future” contest addresses young people from 13 to 19 years old and aims to increase their awareness and provoke thinking about the jobs of the future, how they emerge and the skills they will require.
The contest is part of the Future Time Traveller project, Project N° 590221-EPP-1-2017-1-BG-EPPKA3-PI-FORWARD, co-funded by the European Commission. The project is being implemented by a consortium of 7 organizations: Business Foundation for Education – Bulgaria (coordinator); CTI – Greece; EBCC – Portugal; CIAPE – Italy; Aspire-Igen – UK; Innovation in Learning Institute, FAU – Germany; and University of Lodz – Poland.
The contest is open for participants from Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal and UK, born between 01.01.2000 and 31.12.2006.
To take part in the competition, follow these steps:
- Visit the project website http://future-time-traveller.eu and join our online career game in 3D virtual world. It will take you to a journey to the year 2050. You will have to pass various missions, which will introduce you to the jobs of the future.
- In mission 6 you will be required to present your idea about a job of the future that doesn’t exist yet. You can participate through one of the following formats:
- a short personal text (essay), directly submitted on the online form;
- a short 1-minute video (computer-generated animations, collages, visualization, etc.), explaining how you imagine the jobs of the future. The video should be uploaded on YouTube.com and the link to it should be pasted in the online form. The video should not contain images of children or other private persons without their consent.
- a short power point presentation up to 5 slides. The presentation should be uploaded on SlideShare.net and a link needs to be copied in the online form.
None of these formats is given a priority. The entries will be judged based on the criteria listed below.
One participant can submit more than one idea, but he/she can only win one award in the contest.
Participants provide a voluntary right of use of intellectual products submitted to the contest, subject to the provisions of the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
Participants bear the responsibility that the data and intellectual products provided do not violate the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
The contest organizers have the right to disqualify participants who have violated the contest rules.
The organizers reserve the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, without prior notice.
Participants are eligible to receive the Awards, only in case they / their parents/custodians submit the online registration form to agree to the contest Rules and Privacy Statement
Participants provide to the contest organizers to promote the intellectual products created for the contest in the communication channels of the Future Time Traveler project – website http://future-time-traveller.eu, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Future.Time.Traveller, newsletters, and other communication channels.
The Contest starts in June 2019 and ends on 31 December 2019.
The submitted ideas will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- originality and creativity of the idea;
- reasoning, clarity and persuasiveness;
- quality of the presentation, including literacy
The evaluation process will take several steps:
- The national organizers will select the ideas which pass these criteria and go to the next round. They will directly shortlist the best of them for the final selection.
- The best ideas will be published in the Facebook page of the project and will be voted by the public. The most popular entries ‘liked’ / shared / commented in the social media, and those, chosen by the will be shortlisted.
- A professional jury of career guidance, education, labour market and other experts will select the winners in each country.
Three national awards will be announced in each country (Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal and UK).
The winners will be contacted on email by the national partner, managing the contest. In case of no reply is received within 7 working days upon sending an email, another participant will be chosen as a winner.
The winners will be publicly announced in the beginning of February 2020 on the Future Time Traveller’s website and Facebook page.
- Participants who submitted the three best practices in each country will receive tangible awards (modern gadgets). They will be invited to the national final event in the end of 2020. The awarded ideas will be featured in an e-book and will be promoted through the Euroguidance network across Europe.
- The participants who have received the highest marks and most likes in the contest will receive a certificate, and their ideas will be presented on the Future Time Traveler website, in the Time Capsule section and on the Facebook page.
By participating in the Contest, the participants acknowledges that they have read and accepted this privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here. Participants agree that personal data including, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (“Personal Data”) may be:
- collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest or the awards. .
- used to verify participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number in the event a Participant qualifies for any applicable Awards as well as to deliver the applicable contest awards.
- used to fulfill additional terms of the Contest or to contact a Participant in response to any question submitted by such Participant.
- shared by the organizers or any party authorized to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Sponsor, and to protect and defend Sponsor’s rights or property.
- Winners’ entries and names will be published online;
- Your personal data will remain in the project’s database until the results of the Contest have been published and usefully exploited. Personal data will be deleted, at the latest, one year after the last action in relation to the Contest.
- The collected personal data and all information related to the evaluation will be erased at the latest six months after the end of the contract.
- Participants have the right to withdraw consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents and update contact information, at any time. To exercise such rights, Participants may send a request to: Future.Jobs.Contest@gmail.com
- Participants who request that their details be deleted or withdraw consent during the course of the Contest accept that this will automatically terminate their participation in the Contest, since they cannot be included in the list of participants without their details being recorded.