Future Time Traveller European Competition for Innovative Career Guidance Tools
An international consortium of 7 organizations participating in the European project Future Time Traveler announces a competition for innovative tools in career guidance.
The competition aims to enhance, recognize and promote good practices of innovative tools, interactive games, scenarios, methods, platforms and other digital and non-digital game-based instruments for career guidance, information and counseling.
The initiative is part of the European project Future Time Traveler, involving 7 organizations across Europe: Business Foundation for Education, Bulgaria (coordinator); CTI – Greece, EBCC – Portugal, CIAPE – Italy, University of Lodz – Poland, Innovation in Learning Institute – Germany and Aspire-igen – UK.
Who can apply?
The competition is targeted at professionals who are involved in career counseling in all areas of education and training, for example:
- career guidance professionals;
- school counselors / psychologists, job mediators or other related professionals, who deal with issues of vocational guidance for pupils, students and young adults;
- trainers, coaches and informal sector educators.
They can apply in the competition individually or as teams:
- individual applicants;
- professional teams composed of more than one participant;
- mixed teams composed of professionals and representatives of the target groups (pupils, young people, adults, etc.)
The contest is open for participants from all European countries.
A participant / team can participate in the contest with more than one application (game, tool).
The deadline for submitting applications is 31 December 2019.
The application is only via email using an application form, including the following information:
- Brief presentation of the applicant;
- Presentation of the innovative instrument / game, their objective, target group, approach, application and results achieved (which will be used for public presentation)
- Evidence proving the quality of the application– files or links to the created products; photos and videos of their application; optional – feedback, user reviews, which can serve as an evidence for the quality of the elaborated products.
- Declaration of consent from participants (attached file).
Applications from Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal and United Kingdom should be submitted in the official national language.
Applications from other European countries should be submitted in English.
Applications will be judged by a jury in the three-membered composition, which includes representatives from the project partners and organizations in the field of career guidance, education, labor market and the media.
- innovation(40 points) – Introducing innovative, innovative tools that currently do not exist in the particular region or target group.
- impact(30 points) – the tool/ game responds the needs of the target group and have a proven impact/ effect;
- multiplication potential(30 points) – the results, methods / approaches can be sustained and applied by other career counselors.
The results will be announced in February 2020.
Three national awards will be announced in each partner country (Bulgaria, Greece, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal and UK).
Additionally, three international awards will be announced for participants from other European countries beyond the consortium.
- All participants in the contest who have more than 80 points will receive a certificate, and their tools will be presented on the Future Time Traveler website and on the Facebook page.
- Participants and teams who submitted the three best practices in each country will be invited to demonstrate their instruments during the national final event in the end of 2020.
- The awarded tools and games from the partner countries and from Europe will be included in an e-book and will be promoted through the Euroguidance network across Europe.
- The winner from each country and the winner from the international contest (from other / non-partner European countries) will be awarded a participation in a study visit, hosted by Aspire-Igen, which is the UK Euroguidance center.
One participant / team can submit more than one good practice, but can only win one award in the contest.
Participants provide a voluntary right of use of intellectual products submitted to the contest, subject to the provisions of the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
Participants bear the responsibility that the data and intellectual products provided do not violate the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
The contest organizers have the right to disqualify participants who have violated the contest rules.
The organizers reserves the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, without prior notice.
Participants are eligible to receive the Awards, only in case they submit the application form and declaration, in which they agree to the Contest Rules and Privacy Statement.
Participants provide to the contest organizers to promote the intellectual products created for the contest in the communication channels of the Future Time Traveler project – website http://future-time-traveller.eu, Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Future.Time.Traveller, newsletters, and other communication channels.
By participating in the Contest, the participants acknowledges that they have read and accepted this privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here. Participants agree that personal data including, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (“Personal Data”) may be:
- collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest or the awards. .
- used to verify participant’s identity, postal address and telephone number in the event a Participant qualifies for any applicable Awards as well as to deliver the applicable contest awards.
- used to fulfill additional terms of the Contest or to contact a Participant in response to any question submitted by such Participant.
- shared by the organizers or any party authorized to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Sponsor, and to protect and defend Sponsor’s rights or property.
- Winners’ entries and names will be published online;
- Your personal data will remain in the project’s database until the results of the Contest have been published and usefully exploited. Personal data will be deleted, at the latest, one year after the last action in relation to the Contest.
- The collected personal data and all information related to the evaluation will be erased at the latest six months after the end of the contract.
- Participants have the right to withdraw consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents and update contact information, at any time. To exercise such rights, Participants may send a request to: Felix.Kankwamba@aspire-igen.com
- Participants who request that their details be deleted or withdraw consent during the course of the Contest accept that this will automatically terminate their participation in the Contest, since they cannot be included in the list of participants without their details being recorded.
For more information-contact person and email organization- partner in each country (UK and other countries outside the partnership – Aspire-Igen).